January 2018: Our next women’s retreat is at our private retreat center in Cherry Log, GA from Jan. 28th, 2018 – Feb. 3rd, 2018. The total cost is $1200 per participant . Scholarship funds ARE AVAILABLE so please contribute what you can and we should be able to “pick up” the remainder. Contact us with any questions and be sure to get your APPLICATION in ASAP to secure your spot! THIS RETREAT IS FULL!
February – May 2018: Join Dr. Karen McDonald on Wednesday nights beginning Feb. 7th, 2018 as she leads “Shelter from the Storm” meetings for survivors of sexual abuse at Summit Baptist Church. The is NO charge to attend and open to the public.
Clear your calendar for all 13 meetings and call Dr. Karen at 678-525-5177 to get signed up!
Summit Baptist Church: 4310 Moon Station Lane Acworth, GA 30101 – 6:30pm – 13 weeks – Room C203
Contact Dr. Karen for more information about his 13 week program!
YEARLY VIP GALA:
June or August 2018: DATE TO BE DETERMINED: Annual “Taste of Italy” VIP event at Mari’s Cucina and Social House in Alpharetta, GA. Racheal’s Rest is the featured charity with a % of the event proceeds will go towards our Scholarship and Retreat Center funds!
LIVE auction with the very best authentic New York Sicilian Italian Johns Creek and Alpharetta has to offer including organic meats, produce and sushi grade salmon while offering many gluten free options in a social setting that feels like home and is a and fun place to eat. Mari’s Cucina Executive Chef will select 6 flights of wine to take you on a flavorful “Tour of Italy” and paired each wine with a small plate to bring out the exquisite flavors.
March 24th, 2018: You are invited to join The LGE Community Outreach Foundation’s DECADE DASH 5K! Come join us for a trip back in time at the Decade Dash 5K! For this fun run, you can break out your best 60’s – 90’s attire and possibly be picked to receive a best-dressed award! Registration includes race goodie bag and event t-shirt and top finishers will be awarded medals. Lace up those running shoes, Go Go boots or platform shoes and join us for a fun 5K! Runners, walkers, strollers and leashed dogs welcome…….it’ll be family fun for everyone!
April 5th, 2018: You are invited to join Racheal’s Rest at Moes (at 92/575 Woodstock) for SPIRIT NIGHT! This is a special night that is hosted by Moes to raise awareness for a few special charities and we are one of them! Moes will donate 20% of the proceeds for this night to Racheal’s Rest so stop by to EAT IN or place a TO GO order….the more the merrier!
5-9pm April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
October 25th, 2018: You are invited to join Racheal’s Rest at Moes (at 92/575 Woodstock) for SPIRIT NIGHT! This is a special night that is hosted by Moes to raise awareness for a few special charities and we are one of them! Moes will donate 20% of the proceeds for this night to Racheal’s Rest so stop by to EAT IN or place a TO GO order….the more the merrier!
5-9pm (We will dress up and hand out Halloween candy) October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
ANNUAL “POT LUCK” APPRECIATION DAY:
Saturday, April 28th, 2018: Annual Sponsor/Volunteer/Supporter Appreciation Day
There are no words to express how much we appreciate your support and how you have impacted Racheal’s Rest so we decided to SHOW YOU. We invite our sponsors, volunteers, supporters and their families to spend the day at Racheal’s Rest during our Annual Appreciation Day!
- When we have decided on a date we will email a flyer to our supporters and post all over our social media outlets.
- Yall bring a side dish and/or dessert that serves 12!!
- You MUST RSVP with a head count and also let us know what dish your are bringing….we don’t need 4 pans of baked beans! HEEE!
- Lunch around 1pm
- We will supply drinks and snacks but please feel free to bring your own if there is something specific you want to have that day.
- We will supply the “main dish”. It COULD be baked chicken, BBQ, spaghetti bake…WHO KNOWS, we are still deciding on that one.
- Don’t forget towels, lawn chairs and/or blanket
- Expect outdoor fun with badminton, croquet, volleyball, etc.!
- Hanging out at/in Fightingtown creek. Bring your fishing tackle and see if you can catch a big one!
- Explore the 4.5 acres and MORE!
- Enjoying 10 rocking chairs on the front porch w fans and the sound of running water
- Get in the hot-tub!
- A little “pond” action with our 3 person PEDAL BOAT. No swimming or fishing in the pond.
- THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT SO PRAY FOR NO RAIN!